Tips & Tricks
Drag & Drop
We recommend using Chrome or Firefox as your web browser to view videos on the Retail Sales Academy.
To install Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/
To install Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/firefox
Most problems using the Retail Sales Academy can be solved by clearing your browser cache. Below are instructions to clear the cache for the browser you are using.
CHROME – Clearing the Cache
1. In the browser bar (very top) type: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData [and press enter]
2. Check all the following:
Cookies and other site and plug-in data
Cached images and files
Choose how much data to obliterate using drop-down menu. You can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select “from the beginning of time.”
3. Click “Clear browsing data.”
4. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Firefox/Mozilla – Clearing the Cache
1. From the History menu, select Clear Recent History. If the menu bar is hidden, press the “Alt” key to make it visible.
2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired time range. To clear your entire cache select “Everything.”
3. Next to “Details,” click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear. Check the “cache” and “offline website data.”
4. Click Clear Now.
5. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Opera – Clearing the Cache
1. From the Opera menu, select Settings, and then Delete Private Data.
2. In the dialog box that opens, select the items you want to clear. Make sure you select “entire cache.” You may also want to try deleting your cookies.
3. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Internet Explorer – Clearing the Cache
1. Open the Delete Browsing History box by 1) clicking Ctrl-Shift-Del at the same time or 2) clicking the gear in the top-right corner > Safety > Delete browsing history
2. Select what you want to delete. It will vary based on which version of Internet Explorer you use, but make sure to check anything with the words “cache” or “temporary” to start.
Other Browsers – Clearing the Cache
If you are unsure how to clear the cache of the browser you are using go to Google.com and search these words: clear, cache, (your browser name) it is likely you will discover how to clear the cache easily
If clearing your browser cache didn’t solve your problem, CLICK HERE to check if your system is compatible with the Retail Sales Academy.
Drag and Drop Problems
Most drag and drop issues are caused because your device has a touchscreen. On touchscreen devices, drag and drop will only work using the touchscreen and using your finger or a stylus to move your answers.
If your computer is not a touchscreen, mouse over an item to the left of the blank spaces. Did it change color?
If it did, you should able to click on it and move it while holding down your mouse button. Release the mouse button when the answer is in the correct position.
If you are seeing anything different than that please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and describe what is happening.